Community capacity / Resilience
A key facet of the Better Together programme will be the development of connected, informed, resilient and self-supporting communities which utilise local assets, help and advice, and universal services to meet the needs of their residents. This will be achieved by:
- Clear and consistent communication channels for engaging with residents and partners, working with the third sector and ensuring communications are aligned across all partner organisations.
- Communities supplemented through further growth of schemes such as Community Catalysts and Safer Places, and establish a countywide strategic approach to social prescribing.
- A thriving third sector and volunteer economy to enable greater co-production, new models of service and ultimately a reduced reliance on social care services.
- Improved signposting and access to services (both WCC and external) for residents through the creation of community hubs.
- Optimising digital information channels such as the Warwickshire Directory and online portals.
Warwickshire County Council, the five district and borough councils and Warwickshire Police work together across the county to hold regular meetings, known as community forums. Local health services and the voluntary sector are also involved.
Community forums are open public meetings, held four times per year at various locations within your local area on week day evenings. At the meetings you have the chance to discuss what’s important to you in your community with local councillors, police, and organisations that provide public services.
Warwickshire CAVA provides to the Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations and groups within Warwickshire and supports volunteers within Rugby and Warwick District. Our Volunteer Centres
Warwickshire Community Resource is a free database which enables organisations in Warwickshire to swap, share and trade resources for low cost or no cost rates. The database is available to all organisations big or small and open to the voluntary and community sector, statutory sector, businesses and social enterprises
National government support for volunteers
Support for volunteers
Free confidential helpline proving information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year
Online Self-Support is a facility to help people meet their own care and support needs using local products and services
An information and advice guide to help Warwickshire residents to maintain healthy lifestyles and general wellbeing.
Warwickshire North #onething Campaign »
A campaign for the people of Warwickshire North to do one thing to get healthier: