Accommodation with support
As part of the process of ensuring specialist services are directed where they are needed most, this portfolio is focusing on delivering high quality, responsive residential and nursing care. This includes residential and nursing homes, extra care housing, discharge to assess, moving-on beds and Shared Lives. This is being achieved by:
- Improved market resilience.
- Stimulating the market to provide the capacity and market shape to reflect changing needs, reduce hospital admissions and improve timely discharges from hospital.
- Agreeing a wider strategic vision.
- Supporting the sector to improve their capability to deliver an efficient and effective service.
- Develop an integrated residential and nursing service with all key partners.
- The Extra Care Housing delivery programme, including the Waking Nights cover.
- Embedding the Coventry and Warwickshire Shared Lives scheme, to provide sufficient family based support as a viable alternative to residential in a family setting.
- Developing the joint Performance and Quality Assurance Framework, which includes the Learning and Development Partnership.
Warwickshire County Council’s online resource to support people who can’t live at home.